Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Pesto

Anyone who really knows me, knows that deep inside I pretty much hate to cook. But, I do love to garden and my basil plant was getting really big, so I decided I could maybe try to make some pesto. I found a wicked good recipe online so I thought I'd share. It was actually quite easy to make and very very good. Here's the recipe:

2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (I used a little less)
1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts ( I didn't have either, so I just used raw almonds and it was fine)
3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Combine basil and nuts in food processor. Add garlic, pulse some more. Slowly add in olive oil and then grated cheese. Then add salt and pepper.

Viola!

I added it to some penne pasta and a touch of alfredo sauce. Yum!

From www.simplyrecipes.com

No comments: